Attadale Primary School has a contemporary, dedicated Early Childhood hub for Kindergarten to Year 1. It is equipped with a large and engaging range of indoor and outdoor shared resources with extensive grounds. Currently, the Loose Parts program is available to students during lunch times resourced by the generous donations of parents and community members. We are looking forward to developing the landscape further with the continued support of the School Board and P&C.
Our Early Childhood team includes highly trained and experienced staff who provide each student with exciting and challenging programs that are dynamic and responsive to the needs of students, enabling them to achieve success.
The Early Childhood Curriculum at Attadale Primary School is an integration of the following documents:
- The Early Years Learning Framework
- Western Australian Kindergarten Guidelines
- Western Australian Curriculum K-10
- Western Australian School Curriculum and Standards Authority exemplars and resources
- National Quality Standards
- Teachers plan collaboratively to ensure continuity within the early years and whole school practices.
- Programs include planned, purposeful play, balanced with explicit teaching.
- Programs are engaging, provide time for practise and allow the children to take risks in a safe environment.
- Learning experiences reflect the children’s interests, are meaningful and age appropriate
- Learning experiences build upon the student’s prior knowledge.
- Students are encouraged to learn with and through their peers.